The Excel interface
Information about the excel
Excel 2013 is comparable to Excel 2010. If you’ve got antecedently used excel 2010, excel 2013 ought to feel acquainted. If you’re new excel or have a lot of expertise with older versions, you must 1st take a while to become aware of the Excel 2013 interface.
- When you open excel 2013 for the primary time, the excel begin Screen can seem. From here, you will be able to produce a replacement book, select a templet, and access your recently altered workbooks.
Click the buttons within the interactive below to become at home with the stand out 2013 interface.
By default, it includes the Save, Undo, and Redo commands. You’ll be able to add alternative commands betting on your preference.
Working with the excel surroundings
If you’ve got antecedently used excel 2010 or 2007, excel 2013 you can feel acquainted. You can continue to use features like the Ribbon and Quick Access toolbar.
uses a tabbed Ribbon system rather than ancient menus. The Ribbon contains multiple tabs, every with many teams of commands. You may use these tabs to perform the foremost common tasks in excel.
Click the arrows in the slideshow below to find out a lot of concerning the various commands on the market inside every tab on the Ribbon.
The Home tab provides you access to a number of the foremost usually used commands for operating with information in excel 2013, as well as repeating and pasting, formatting, and various designs. The house tab is chosen by default whenever you open excel.
To minimize and maximize the Ribbon:
- The Ribbon is meant to retort to your current task, however, you’ll be able to like better to minimize it if you discover that it takes up an excessive amount of screen house.
- Click the Ribbon show choices arrow within the upper-right corner of the Ribbon.
- Select the specified minimizing possibility from the drop-down menu:
- Hide Ribbon: You can Auto-hide the display in your workbook in full-screen mode. To show the Ribbon, click the Expand Ribbon command at the top of the screen.
- Show Tabs: this selection hides all command teams once they don’t seem to be in use, however, tabs can stay visible. To indicate the Ribbon, merely click a tab.
- Show Tabs and Commands: This selection maximizes the Ribbon. All of the tabs and commands are going to be visible. this selection is chosen by default after you open excel for the primary time.
- To learn a way to add custom tabs and commands to the Ribbon, review our further on Customizing the Ribbon.
To learn a way to use the Ribbon with touch-screen devices, review our further on sanctionative bit Mode.
Quick Access toolbar
You can locate just above the Ribbon, For Quick Access toolbar that you can access common commands, it does not matter which tab is selected. By default, it includes the Save, Undo, and Repeat commands. You can add other commands as well
To add commands to the fast Access toolbar
- Just click the drop-down arrow to the right of that their is Access toolbar.
- Select the command you want to add from the drop-down menu. Then choose from more commands.
- Command will be added to the Quick Access toolbar.